Welcome to the Theodore G. White Library at Burt Elementary School. The year is off to an exciting start with Accelerated Reader, the Scholastic Book Fair, and lots and lots of reading!
Ms. Angie Salamy, Library Media Specialist
Mrs. Samantha Cooper, Library Media Assistant
We are gearing up for our exciting Scholastic Book Fair! The Fair runs from Tuesday, February 3 through Friday, February 13th! You are all invited to our Family STEM Night on Thursday, February 12th. The book fair is also available online!
We accept cash, checks, and debit and credit cards. Proceeds go to support our school library. Thank you for supporting reading and our school!
Friday was the end of the 3rd Nine Weeks, and that means Accelerated Reader Celebration for those who met their AR Goal. Sixty-two students had snack and game time in the gym Friday afternoon to celebrate their reading accomplishments!
Our 4th Nine Weeks kicks off today with new AR goals and reading ranges. The AR Celebration for those meeting their goals will be on Monday May 13th. We’ll have ice cream outside!
Students enjoyed their handheld games
Basketball was popular
Board games are fun, too!
Ebooks have advantages: They don’t get lost, you can access them outside of school, lots of people can use them at once, and they can read TO you. All Burt Tigers have access to these eBooks:
TumbleBooks (access through the CMC Public Library)
1. Go to http://www.mcgtn.org/library/kids
2. Scroll down a little on the page and click on the TumbleBook Library logo
3. Click a choice to browse, or use TumbleSearch to find books in your AR Reading Range!
Capstone Interactive (24 books, all AR)
1. Go to the Burt Library Catalog
2. In the “Extras” box (at the bottom), click on “Capstone Interactive”
3. Click “Show All” to browse the books.
Our September Battle of the Books Lunch Bunch is fast approaching! The Lunch is on Wednesday, September 24, and the last day to take an AR quiz to qualify for it is Tuesday the 123th. Our October Lunch Bunch will meet on Wednesday, October 22.
September – Lunch Bunch 9/24
- Prairie Evers by Ellen Airgood
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Little Dog, Lost by Marion Dane Bauer
- The Fast and the Furriest by Andy Behrens
October – Lunch Bunch 10/22
- The Prince Who Fell from the Sky by Jean Claude Bemis
- The Year of the Book by Andrea Chang
- The Quilt Walk by Sandra Dalla
- The Case of the RocknRoll Dog by Martha Freeman
Accelerated Reader for our 3rd Nine Weeks is underway! The Goals and Reading Ranges are the same as last nine weeks. If students do not know what their goals are, they should check with Mrs. Luck. The AR Celebration for all students who meet their AR Goal will be a “Game Party” (students bring their favorite game) on Wednesday, March 20 at 2:30. Let’s read, Tigers!
Students, have your parents bring you to Family Reading Night in the Library, on Tuesday, October 23rd from 5:00-7:00. This is a chance to come in and read some books with your parents, and take more AR quizzes! It’s free and you don’t have to stay the whole time (come and go).
The next Family Reading night will be Thursday, November 15th.
The first new books of the school year have come in! Scroll down to our “New Books in the Library” section on the right to take a peek at them. More new books will be coming before Winter break.