Ebooks have advantages: They don’t get lost, you can access them outside of school, lots of people can use them at once, and they can read TO you. All Burt Tigers have access to these eBooks:
TumbleBooks (access through the CMC Public Library)
1. Go to http://www.mcgtn.org/library/kids
2. Scroll down a little on the page and click on the TumbleBook Library logo
3. Click a choice to browse, or use TumbleSearch to find books in your AR Reading Range!
Capstone Interactive (24 books, all AR)
1. Go to the Burt Library Catalog
2. In the “Extras” box (at the bottom), click on “Capstone Interactive”
3. Click “Show All” to browse the books.
Our September Battle of the Books Lunch Bunch is fast approaching! The Lunch is on Wednesday, September 24, and the last day to take an AR quiz to qualify for it is Tuesday the 123th. Our October Lunch Bunch will meet on Wednesday, October 22.
September – Lunch Bunch 9/24
- Prairie Evers by Ellen Airgood
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Little Dog, Lost by Marion Dane Bauer
- The Fast and the Furriest by Andy Behrens
October – Lunch Bunch 10/22
- The Prince Who Fell from the Sky by Jean Claude Bemis
- The Year of the Book by Andrea Chang
- The Quilt Walk by Sandra Dalla
- The Case of the RocknRoll Dog by Martha Freeman
Accelerated Reader for our 3rd Nine Weeks is underway! The Goals and Reading Ranges are the same as last nine weeks. If students do not know what their goals are, they should check with Mrs. Luck. The AR Celebration for all students who meet their AR Goal will be a “Game Party” (students bring their favorite game) on Wednesday, March 20 at 2:30. Let’s read, Tigers!